If you live with a pet, it’s likely you have to be more observant of what ends up on the floor or anywhere within your pet’s reach. Much like a toddler, our furry friends have a way of exploring the world with their mouths, and things we assume would be unappetizing may not be off-limits at all.
According to the Pet Poison Helpline, over half the calls they receive each year relate to human medications that pets have ingested. Over-the-counter and prescription medications can range from mildly harmful to life threatening. Because these meds can be found in many homes, the team at Dupont Veterinary Clinic wants to remind pet owners to be cautious when it comes to these everyday pet toxins.